15 October 2006

How to frame the debate

Make it personal.

From Majority Action. Powerful and effective. I have lived for so long in dread of the "wedge issues." The wedges have been used so powerfully and brutally, almost exclusively by conservatives, that I have developed an almost-reflexive aversion to them. The pathetic inability of the progressive movement to counter them made me pull my hair out. I know there are moral complexities to this issue which by far exceed what can be conveyed in a 30-second commercial. It's sad that american discourse has come to this. But it's nice to see the progressive side finally get into the game.


  1. GOOD! It's time to make people aware of how their elected officials can be detrimental to their health and the health of their families!

    I am proud that my elected offical is Diana DeGette (D-CO), who co-sponsored the Stem Cell Research Bill along with Mike Castle (R-DE).

  2. It's flabbergasting that Nancy Reagan and Dana Reeves couldn't turn the tide.