20 February 2009

Skiing Mt Hood

Be warned: take your meclizine before watching! It turns out that skiing whilst holding a camera at arms' length pointed down hill is pretty difficult, and the resultant video is a bit, um, jerky.

Skiing at Mt Hood, Oregon from Shadowfax MD on Vimeo.

This is only a blue run. I tried to film a couple of black diamonds, but simply couldn't keep the hill in the frame. (In fact, I kept dropping the camera -- thank god for wrist straps!) I need a helmet cam, I think.

Mount Hood is such a pretty mountain.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's the blair ski project! The song is perfect. Looks like you had a great time!

Chrysalis Angel said...

I loved that! Perfect song for choice. What a great job for not having a helmet cam. Beautiful there!

Toni Brayer MD said...

Very cool I just got a flip and it is neat to see how it will work. Nice tunes too.

Annemiek said...

What a nice area!
I tried to film while skiing a few weeks ago, with my camera hanging from my coat: http://biego.blogspot.com/2009/01/skien.html#comments
You get even more motion sickness :)

ERRN4U said...

Move over Warren Miller!

EMtern said...

Makes me wish I didn't move to the East Coast for residency. They call hills "mountains" here... sigh.

Anonymous said...

looks like corn snow

Bianca Castafiore said...

Derivative of Tarantino. Also fun and beautiful.

Thanks for sharing it!

Gingerale said...

When I watch the Olympic skiers I think, "yeah, amazing, I get it, what's next." I've never skied in my life except for one XC lesson that involved lots of falling down.

But this realistic clip helps me understand why people love to ski. Wheee!

Jasper said...

Love to see this skiing video... it's interesting!!

ERP said...

Now go get that helmet cam and launch off a few 15 footers!