21 May 2009

The Best Thing I've read today.

The ER Doc Pain Scale « Ten out of Ten
Funniest:
3.38: Pelvic Exams
-If I had known how many of these I’d be stuck doing, I probably would have gone into anesthesia

3.40: Speculum light lost/doesn’t work
-Nurse get the crazy-looking bendy-armed light out and look into how long an anesthesia residency is

Most under-rated:
1.79: Patient brought back from xray, never hooked back up to the monitor
-Meh, it’s just a bunch of squiggly lines and numbers

Trust me, I know from personal experience this is more than a 1.79/10.

2 comments:

Grumpy, M.D. said...

I got into neurology to specifically avoid:

1. Pelvic exams.

2. Screaming children whose ears I had to look into.

Thus far, I think I've nailed it.

Maha said...

heheh a bunch of squigly lines and numbers - sadly that's what it looks like on the 3rd night at 0400!